- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Virtual Patient Encounters is a breakthrough in EMS education! Users can get real-world prehospital experience without leaving the classroom or home! The Virtual Patient Encounters learning triad - a textbook, interactive patient simulation software, and a study guide that ties everything together - offers a state-of-the-art tool for developing critical thinking skills. Users can apply what they're learning in EMT Prehospital Care on 15 virtual patients in a variety of prehospital environments. It's an incredible opportunity to make real patient care decisions in a safe environment!
• An extraordinary study guide that helps students take the knowledge they learn in EMT Prehospital Care and apply it to 15 complex patient care scenarios in a virtual prehospital setting - promoting mastery of NSC competencies
• Utilizes interactive patient care simulation software, featuring scenario-setting videos, virtual assessment tools, treatment protocols, emergency drug information, intervention wizards, and more
• Serves as a bridge between the classroom and clinicals - so students truly understand how theory applies to situations they'll face in the real world
• Presents realistic emerging conditions that are a direct result of students' interventions
• Provides hands-on learning - making it easy for audio, visual and kinesthetic learners
• Offers students peace of mind - preparing them for clinicals by removing the risk of harming real patients and building their confidence throughout the course
• Makes assessment of students easy - instructors can gauge student comprehension and ability to think critically through study guide exercises and logs from the software.
• Provides the opportunity for class discussion on the same patient - so the entire class can discuss learning points of each virtual patient and their outcomes.
Orientation to Virtual Patient Encounters
The table of contents closely parallels the table of contents of the EMT Prehospital Care textbook that it was designed to support.
Summative Lessons Listed by Case
Case 1: 20-year-old male-difficulty breathing
Case 2: 56-year-old female-fell
Case 3: 7-year-old female-seizure
Case 4: 64-year-old male - unknown medical
Case 5: 40-year-old male-vomiting blood
Case 6: 16-year-old female-unknown medical
Case 7: 8-year-old male-submersion
Case 8: 38-year-old male-suicide attempt
Case 9: 22-year-old female-assault
Case 10: 25-year-old female-abdominal pain
Case 11: 32-year-old male-gunshot wounds
Case 12: 57-year-old male-man down
Case 13: 5-month-old male-unresponsive
Case 14: 65-year-old male-difficulty breathing
Case 15: 42-year-old male-difficulty breathing