- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Visualizing Human Biology engages medical professionals to connect the science to their own lives through stunning visuals. It presents the important concepts of human biology as they relate to the world we live in. The role of the human in the environment is stressed throughout, ensuring that topics such as evolution, ecology, and chemistry are introduced in a non-threatening and logical fashion.The second edition includes revised art that helps make the concepts easier to understand, and additional visualizing features have been integrated throughout the chapters. The material has also been streamlined, making this a concise resource for medical professionals.
1. What is Life?
2. Where Do We Come From and Where Do We Fit?
3. Everyday Chemistry of Life.
4. Cells: Organization and Communication.
6. The Skeleto-muscular System.
7. The Nervous System.
8. The Special Senses.
9. Immunity and the Lymphatic System.
10. Infectious Disease and Epidemiology.
12. The Cardiovascular System.
13. The Respiratory System: Movement of Air.
14. Nutrition: You Are What You Eat.
15. The Digestive System.
16. The Urinary System.
17. The Endocrine System and Development.
18. The Reproductive Systems: Maintaining the Species.
19. Pregnancy: Development from Conception to Newborn.
20. Inheritance, Genetics, and Molecular Biology.
21. Populations Evolve in Ecosystems.