- Gloria, for 3 solo voices, chorus, trumpet, oboe, violin (ad lib), 2 violas, 2 cellos, strings & continuo in D major, RV 589 - Antonio Vivaldi - Academy of Ancient Music - Christ Church Cathedral Choir, Oxford - Emma Kirkby - Judith Nelson - Simon Preston - David Smart - Carolyn Watkinson
- Nisi Dominus (Psalm 126), for voice, viola d'amore, strings & continuo in G minor, RV 608 - Antonio Vivaldi - James Bowman - David Smart
- Nulla in mundo pax sincera, solo motet for voice, strings & continuo in E major, RV 630 - Antonio Vivaldi - Academy of Ancient Music - Christopher Hogwood - Emma Kirkby - David Smart
- Amor, hai vinto (I), cantata for voice, strings & continuo, RV 651 - Antonio Vivaldi - Academy of Ancient Music - Christopher Hogwood - Emma Kirkby - David Smart
- Trio Sonata for 2 violins & continuo in D minor ("La follia"), Op. 1/12, RV 63 - Antonio Vivaldi - Christopher Hogwood - Catherine Mackintosh - David Smart - Simon Standage
- All'ombra di sospetto, cantata for voice, flute & continuo, RV 678 - Antonio Vivaldi - Catherine Bott - New London Consort - Philip Pickett - David Smart
- Lungi dal vago volto, cantata for voice, violin & continuo, RV 680 - Antonio Vivaldi - Catherine Bott - New London Consort - Philip Pickett - David Smart
- Vengo a voi, luci adorate, cantata for soprano & orchestra, RV 682 - Antonio Vivaldi - Catherine Bott - New London Consort - Philip Pickett - David Smart
- Release Date:
Performance CreditsChristopher Hogwood Primary Artist
Write a Review
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Vivaldi: Gloria, Motets, Cantatas based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
I was overjoyed when I found a cd that had Emma Kirkby, one of my favorite vocalists in baroque and early music, singing one of my favorite vocal pieces, the Nulla in Mundo Pax Sincera song cycle. Her interpretation of these songs is superb, especially on track 20, however on the last track she goes noticeably flat more than once. Over all, however, her style is impossible not to like, and this cd is full of some of Vivaldi's most beautiful songs ever written for voice.