Voices of Lymphedema: Stories, Advice, and Inspiration from Patients and Therapistsby Ann B. Ehrlich
Chronic swelling due to lymphatic fluid, or lymphedema, affects 3-5 million Americans including 20-40% of cancer survivors. Lymphedema is so little known-even among doctors-that it has been called the 'silent epidemic' but there is effective treatment that can break the cycle of recurring infections and even reverse lymphedema related disability!
Patients, therapists, and doctors share:
• Inspiring personal stories.
• Advice on getting a diagnosis and finding treatment.
• Solutions to common problems and practical tips on self-care.
• Activities they enjoy and travel tips.
• Support groups and outreach to the medical community.
• Issues in treatment coverage and reimbursement.
About the Editors: Ann Ehrlich and Elizabeth McMahon are coauthors of Living Well With Lymphedema (Lymph Notes 2005). Ann is a professional medical writer and breast cancer survivor with secondary lymphedema. Elizabeth is a clinical psychologist and author of Overcoming the Emotional Challenges of Lymphedema (Lymph Notes 2005).
- Lymph Notes
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 435 KB
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews