VoIP Deployment For Dummiesby Stephen P. Olejniczak
Here’s how to analyze your network and implement a VoIP phone system, manage and maintain it, keep it secure, and troubleshoot problems. You’ll learn how to plan the/i>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
So you’re in charge of implementing a VoIP phone system for your organization? VoIP Deployment For Dummies is a crash course in Voice over Internet Protocol implementation!
Here’s how to analyze your network and implement a VoIP phone system, manage and maintain it, keep it secure, and troubleshoot problems. You’ll learn how to plan the rollout, work with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), handle fax issues, and keep your users happy.
- Understand how VoIP works, common misconceptions about it, and the pros and cons for your organization
- Compare and comprehend hardware and software choices
- Discover the options for touch tones and faxing via VoIP systems
- Analyze network devices, IP addresses, connections to remote sites, and other aspects that will affect VoIP implementation
- Draw up a test plan, check out both voice and fax transmission, get a report, and schedule the installation
- Investigate SIP call generation, identify the elements, understand cancelled calls, and re-INVITE calls
- Troubleshoot your system, identify call variables, trace the source of a problem, manage trouble tickets, and resolve failures
- Manage latency, jitter, and flap, and take advantage of Wireshark
- Find out what to expect when your system goes live
Written by an expert with extensive real-world experience in VoIP implementation and management, VoIP Deployment For Dummies provides the know-how you need. You’ll be able to implement your system and manage any issues proactively, which is sure to look good to your boss!
Meet the Author
Stephen P. Olejniczak (pronounced O len √√’chek) is the Director of Operations for ATI, and has worked over 16 years in telecommunications. His experience is concentrated on installation, service, billing and support of voice service. The past five years having focused his time on learning all facets of VoIP as the marketplace, technology, and supporting infrastructure has evolved. Stephen didn’t start out in life as a techie, only falling prey to the glamour and easy money after failing to find a career enabling him to use his bachelor’s degree in Cultural Anthropology. He currently lives in a picturesque beach town in California with his beautiful wife Kayley and a collection of fountain pens.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >