Volkswagen Corrado Official Factory Repair Manual: 1990-1994by Volkswagen of America
This Volkswagen repair manual contains comprehensive service and repair information for VW Corrado, Corrado G60, Corrado VR6, and Corrado SLC models sold in the USA and Canada. For the Volkswagen owner with basic mechanical skills and for the independent automotive technician, this manual includes the same specifications and procedures that were available in an authorized Volkswagen dealer service department.
• Engine-removal and installation, disassembly and assembly, and reconditioning information for the G60 supercharged 1.8 liter 4-cylinder engine and the 2.8 liter VR6 engine.
• Digifant and Motronic Fuel Injection and Ignition systems, Exhaust and Emission Controls-from simple preventive maintenance and service to in-depth troubleshooting.
• Transmission and Drivetrain - 4-speed electronically-controlled automatic transmission including electrical troubleshooting, 5-speed manual transmission including cable shift mechanism, and final drives.
• Suspension and Steering-strut and shock absorber replacement, tightening torques, and complete factory wheel alignment specification.
• Brakes-brake service and troubleshooting including anti-lock brakes (ABS) and anti-lock brakes with electronic differential lock (ABS/EDL).
• Heating and Air Conditioning, Interior Equipment-adjustments and troubleshooting, including airbag information.
• Step by step procedures, large detailed views of complex assemblies broken down to their simplest parts, complete specifications and tightening torques.
This manual also includes detailed Volkswagen electrical system information, including the extra information that professionals need, and basic instruction that takes the mystery out of electrical troubleshooting:
• Volkswagen Special Tools-how and why to use them.
• Handling Components and Connectors-proper care and handling of delicate connectors can prevent damage and needless expense.
• Basic Electricity-an introduction, or a refresher, on the basics of how and why electricity circuits work (or don't!)
• Troubleshooting-the basic methods used to isolate and identify faults, or just to figure out whether there is a problem.
• Wiring Diagrams-complete wiring diagrams, the accurate wiring information for each model and model year including optional equipment and running production changes.
Even if you plan to leave the care of your Volkswagen to professionals, referring to this manual will help make you a better informed and more knowledgeable service customer. Keeping it handy in the car ensures that no matter who services your Volkswagen, they have access to thorough and accurate information. Owner oriented features include:
• Vehicle Care-factory recommendations for the best ways to maintain the value of your Volkswagen.
• Do-it-yourself Service-simple steps to help you keep your Volkswagen at its best.
• Gas Station Information-things you may need to know, around town or on the road.
• Maintenance Schedules-complete listing for each time/mileage interval.
- Bentley Publishers
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 2.19(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >