Voluntary Carbon Markets: An International Business Guide to What They Are and How They Work / Edition 2by Ricardo Bayon, Amanda Hawn, Katherine Hamilton
Pub. Date: 05/28/2009
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
A unique part of the market in greenhouse gas emissions is the
The global carbon markets are growing at a staggering rate. The growth prospects for business are enormous and the potential positive impacts for greenhouse gas emission reductions, climate policy options, renewable energy investment, development projects and efficiency gains are increasingly apparent.
A unique part of the market in greenhouse gas emissions is the rapidly growing voluntary carbon market driven by companies, organizations and individuals committed to efficiency, profitability and rapid action on climate change.
The second edition of this groundbreaking book draws together all the key information on international voluntary carbon markets with commentary from leading practitioners and business people. It covers all aspects of voluntary carbon markets around the world: what they are, how they work and, most critically, their business potential to help slow climate change.
This new, fully revised second edition provides key updates on relevant trends, standards, suppliers, and growth in the marketplace, and is the indispensable guide for anyone seeking to understand voluntary carbon markets and capitalize on the opportunities they present for economic and environmental benefit.
Second edition updates:
* Contains updated data on credit prices, transaction volumes, major industry players, and other quantitative data through 2008, as well as revised analysis reflecting these shifts
* Includes explanations of additional offset project type categories, providing prospective buyers and project developers with a more detailed understanding of the suite of offset projects available
* Contains revised explanations and analyses by market experts of the key issues affecting the voluntary markets
* Provides an updated 'glance into the future' of the voluntary carbon markets, reflecting market and policy trends that emerged through early 2008.
Table of ContentsForeword by Al Gore
1. The Big Picture
2. Understanding Supply and Demand in theVoluntary Carbon Markets
3. RECs vs Offsets:The Debate Continues
4. TheVoluntary Carbon Markets:What the ExpertsThink
5. A Glance into the Future of theVoluntary Carbon Markets
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >