- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.20(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
I. CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION.
Introduction: Lev Semyonovich Vygotsky: Background of the Scholar/Teacher’s Life and Work; Lisbeth Dixon-Krauss.
1. Vygotsky’s Sociohistorical Perspective on Learning and Its Application to Western Literacy Instruction, Lisbeth Dixon-Krauss.
2. Emerging Readers and Writers, Martha Combs.
3. Spontaneous and Scientific Concepts in Content Area Instruction, Lisbeth Dixon-Krauss.
4. Book Club: The Influence of a Vygotskian Perspective on a Literature-Based Reading Program, Susan I. McMahon.
5. Collaborative Learning and Thinking: The Vygotskian Approach, Clara M. Jennings and Xu Di.
6. Vygotsky and Writing: Children Using Language to Learn and Learning from the Child’s Language What to Teach, Marian Matthews.
7. The Concept of Activity, Patricia Ashton.
II. CLASSROOM ASSESSMENT.
Introduction: Dynamic Assessment and the Zone of Proximal Development, Lisbeth Dixon-Krauss.
8. Vygotsky and Multicultural Assessment and Instruction, Nile V. Stanley.
9. Vygotsky and At-Risk Readers: Assessment and Instructional Implications, Sherry Kragler.
10. Using Portfolios to Mediate Literacy Instruction and Assessment, C. Lyn Wagner and Dana Brock.
11. Vygotsky in the Future: Technology as a Mediation Tool for Literacy Instruction, Joe M. Peters.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >