Allan Reid is the Cisco Academy Main Contact and Curriculum Lead for the Centennial College CATC in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He has taught cabling, routing and switching, remote access, troubleshooting, wireless networking, and IT essentials to instructors from universities, colleges, and high schools throughout Canada. He has been working in the IT industry for more than 20 years and is currently a principal in a company specializing in network design, management, and security. He is a professor and program supervisor at Centennial College, teaching students in various areas of networking and IT. He is responsible for the col-lege’s CE offerings in IT. In addition, he works as a contractor for Cisco Systems, working on curriculum development and the creation of assessment questions for the Cisco Networking Academy Program courses. He has also served as a technical reviewer for other Cisco Press publications.
WAN Technologies CCNA 4 Companion Guideby Allan Reid
WAN Technologies CCNA 4 Companion Guide is the official supplemental textbook for version 3.1.1 of the CCNA® 4 course in the Cisco® Networking Academy® Program. The author has completely rewritten the Companion Guide to provide a fresh, complementary perspective on the online course content. The book covers all the topics in the course and then provides additional examples and alternative approaches to individual topics–all to aid the learning process and lock in your understanding of basic networking concepts and technologies.
New and improved features help you study and succeed in this course:
- Chapter objectives: Review core concepts by answering the questions at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key terms: Refer to the updated lists of networking vocabulary introduced in each chapter and turn to the highlighted terms in context.
- Glossary: Consult the all-new glossary with more than 300 terms.
- Check Your Understanding questions and answer key: Evaluate your readiness with the updated end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions that you see in the online course assessments. The answer appendix explains each answer.
- Challenge questions: Challenge yourself with review questions designed to be similar to the complex questions you might see on the CCNA exam. The answer appendix explains each answer.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews