Water And Liberalisationby M Finger, P. Luis Manso, Matthias Finger
In most network industries, new dynamics are leading to an unprecedented opening up to competition and private sector participation. With the development of a single European market, the in-stages liberalisation process of public utilities has spread to almost all sectors. However, the water supply and sanitation (WSS) sector is considered somehow different and it has been excluded until recently from the restructuring processes achieved in other sectors.
Water and Liberalisation: European Water Scenarios presents a better understanding of the specific demands of the WSS sector. Covering the operators' strategies, the regulatory dynamics as well as their interactions on the evolution of the sector, it addresses the likelihood, the nature, and the forms the WSS sector may take in Europe in the foreseeable future. Adopting a neutral political stance, the book analyses the implications of alternative scenarios in economic, ecological, social, legal, and institutional terms.
Key Sections include:
1. In depth introduction to the current situation in the WSS sector.
2. The European Water Supply and Sanitation Markets; The Institutional Framework of the Water Supply and Sanitation Sector in the EU: a Comparative Analysis; Analysis of the EU Explicit and Implicit Policies and Approaches in the Sector; Analysis of the Strategies of the Water Operators in Europe
3. Scenarios on the Evolution of the Water Sector in Europe
4. Economic, Environmental, & Social Implications of the Scenarios; Major implications per scenario.
- IWA Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.27(w) x 11.69(h) x 0.51(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >