Water Quality Characteristics: Modeling and Modification, Volume 1 / Edition 1by George Tchobanoglous, Edward D. Schoeder
Pub. Date: 01/01/1985
The unit operations and processes introduced in Volume l are examined in detail in Volume ll. Application of fundamental principles and rational design concepts is emphasized. Special attention is devoted to the selection of design flow and process loading rates. The relationships between water and wastewater characteristics and treatment plant performance are stressed.
Table of Contents
1. Sources and Uses of Water.
2. Physical, Chemical, and Biological Characteristics of Water.
3. Significance of the Characteristics of Water.
4. Water Quality: Standards and Global Perspectives.
5. Stoichiometry, Reaction Kinetics, and Materials Balances.
6. Mathematical Models of Physical Systems.
7. Movement of Contaminants in the Environment.
8. Water Quality in Rivers and Estuaries and Near Ocean Outfalls.
9. Water Quality in Lakes and Reservoirs.
10. Water Quality in Groundwater Systems.
11. Introduction to Water and Wastewater Treatment.
12. Physical Treatment Methods.
13. Chemical Treatment Methods.
14. Biological Treatment Methods.
15. Synthesizing Water and Wastewater Treatment Systems.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >