We Like to Eat Well/Nos Gusta Comer Bienby Elyse April, Lewis Agrell
What we eat is vitally important for good health . . . but so is how we eat…where and when we eat…and how much we eat…especially in reducing obesity and diabetes II, which have reached epidemic proportions in the U.S. This book encourages young children and parents to develop the healthy eating habits that can last for a lifetime.
Nos Gusta Comer Bien (We Like to Eat Well) is based on the current USDA Food Pyramid, which advises us all to eat a wide variety and a proper balance of healthy foods. In this upbeat and rhyming text, children and parents will be reminded to eat fresh and whole foods-rather than packaged or junk foods. What makes this book unique, however, is that it presents the food data along with suggestions for how to eat healthier:
* encourages eating with others, rather than alone
* reminds kids and parents to eat more slowly
* states the case for eating "just enough” to feel strong, but also light
* advises eating smaller meals but more often
* shows kids taking healthy food to school
* encourages kids and parents to pack up healthy snacks to bring along when they are on the go
* helps readers learn greater sensitivity to what the body actually needs
Meet the Author
Elyse April is a licensed early-childhood educator, with a master's degree in Early Childhood Education.
Lewis Agrell was an illustrator and designer at the Sarasota Herald-Tribune (Florida) for ten years. His work is currently showcased on www.myownhat.com
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >