Web Applications / Edition 1by Craig D. Knuckles, David S. Yuen, David Yuen
Pub. Date: 02/20/2004
- Illustrates how to create three-tier Web applications through hands-on exercises and real-world case studies
- Highlights important security issues throughout
- Uses Perl/CGI as the primary development environment
- Includes lessons on PHP and ASP as alternative development environments
- Introduces the XML language and how to use XML as a tool for building Web applications
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 1.35(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Introduction to Web Applications.
Chapter 2. Markup on the Front End.
Chapter 3. Processing on the Front End.
Chapter 4. Introduction to Perl and CGI Programming.
Chapter 5. Generating HTML Dynamically.
Chapter 6. Processing Forms.
Chapter 7. Maintaining State in Web Applications.
Chapter 8. Cookies.
Chapter 9. Perl Modules and E-mail Utilities.
Chapter 10. The Data Tier.
Chapter 11. Regular Expressions and Matching.
Chapter 12. Searching In Web Applications.
Chapter 13. A Complete Example and Security Summary.
Chapter 14. Alternative Web Programming: PHP (Web Extension).
Chapter 15. Alternative Web Programming: ASP (Web Extension).
Chapter 16. Introduction to XML (Web Extension).
Chapter 17. XML in Web Applications (Web Extension).
Chapter 19. DHTML Overview (Web Extension).
Appendix A: HTML Basics.
Appendix B: Java References.
Appendix C: File Permissions.
Appendix D: Installing Perl and Perl Modules.
Appendix E: Installing PHP.
Appendix F: Installing ASP.
Appendix G: Installing MYSQL.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >