Web Host Manager Administration Guideby Aric Pedersen
You will learn how to set up WHM securely,
If you are running a web host or web space reseller then the chances are you'll be using WebHost Manager. This book shows you how to get the most from the software, for both you and your customers. It provides solutions to common WHM problems and pitfalls, leading to better customer service provided at lower cost.
You will learn how to set up WHM securely, offer a variety of account styles. You will see how to use WHM to elegantly manage multiple domains, SSL certificates, and various databases and server-side technologies such as PHP, MySQL, Perl, and Apache.
WebHost Manager is a package used by web hosts to manage their servers and the individual user accounts they hold. It is part of the same package as cPanel, so the host uses WebHost Manager while the client uses cPanel. WebHost Manager is at the core of many web hosts' business. Using web host manager, you can keep track of the accounts on your server, monitor their bandwidth and disk space usage, and much more.
The book shows you how to:
- Set up a fast, secure, and effective server with WHM
- Work with Apache, PHP, Perl and Databases
- Manage standard and reseller accounts and use third-party programs that assist in this process
- Keep an eye on what is happening on your server by using tools that WHM provides and some third-party tools
- Deal with reseller and non-reseller accounts
- Manage DNS, IP and SSL issues using WHM
- Manage security on an on-going basis by learning what to look for
- Learn how to add useful features to WHM and cPanel
- Discover places you can turn to for help if you need it
- Packt Publishing
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.62(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >