Carl Burnham is a Web developer, hosting consultant, and specialist in analyzing Internet-related technologies. He has also co-authored Professional JSP, Wrox, and Ace the Technical Interview, Fourth Edition, Osborne McGraw-Hill. Burnham is founder of Southpoint.com, a travel destination portal. He has over 15 years of IT industry and network management experience.
Web Hostingby Carl Burnham, Michael Mueller (Illustrator)
Today, most businesses, large and small, rely on the Internet as a central component of their organization. In order to save time and money, many of these businesses are turning to Web hosting companies for support. These hosting companies must be able to provide innovative, secure, and
A complete strategy for delivering high-quality Web hosting services.
Today, most businesses, large and small, rely on the Internet as a central component of their organization. In order to save time and money, many of these businesses are turning to Web hosting companies for support. These hosting companies must be able to provide innovative, secure, and cost-effective solutions in order to remain competitive and keep customers satisfied. This detailed and unique resource delivers a full-range strategy for providing successful solutions that will meet the needs of your customers. From technical support and customer service to Web marketing strategies, this comprehensive guide contains all the essential coverage necessary for delivering state-of-the-art, customized hosting solutions.
This resource will help you:
- Learn the different types of Web hosting plans--shared, dedicated, co-located, ASP, MSP, and more
- Get insight into successful Web marketing strategies
- Understand the technology required to ensure quality service
- Identify and decide upon a standard range of services
- Enhance network performance through use of monitoring tools
- Secure your infrastructure--prevent viruses, worms, and other attacks
- Manage a data center and discover ways to outsource services
- Gain a competitive edge in an expanding Web hosting market
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.89(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
This is a practical guide to learning about the types of web hosts out there. Included are many resources and tips for deciding on a web hosting specialty, providing customer service beyond the standard out there, marketing, and developing business partnerships. The section on different web technologies (including ASP, JSP, PHP) was quite useful, as well as the one on security. As a consultant, I recommend for anyone interested in getting into web hosting, or wanting to add to their web hosting specialties.