Whether you’re evaluating, planning, architecting, or building a Web services implementation, this concise guide brings together the essential information and resources you need about the specifications that define the Web services architecture—from two of its key architects. Authors Cabrera and Kurt deliver an expert architectural overview and examine infrastructure protocols to help you understand the principles behind the design and the overall coherence of the suite of protocols. For each of the core technologies, you’ll find succinct descriptions and scenario-based examples that illustrate how and when to use a particular WS-* specification.
Get concise descriptions, expert insights, and examples to help you:
- Understand the infrastructure protocols defining the Web services architecture—and extend your programming dexterity
- Determine what protocols to use and how to compose them within the architecture
- Use WSDL and WS-Policy to define formal policies and requirements for communication among services
- Support highly dynamic program-to-program interactions, which may be co-located at a computer or distributed across a network
- Implement a range of distributed systems, including synchronous and asynchronous messaging systems, mobile networked systems, and peer-to-peer environments
Get hundreds of pages of additional content on the CD!
- Reference library of key specifications in the Web services architecture, including:
- Foundation networking and Web protocols
- Web services specifications
- Interoperability profiles
- Fully searchable eBook
Foreword by Don Box
Architect, Microsoft Corporation
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.