Welding Fabrication and Repair: Questions and Answers / Edition 1by Frank M. Marlow
Pub. Date: 01/07/2002
Publisher: Industrial Press, Inc.
Written by the coauthor of the best-selling book Welding Essentials, this practical guide provides insights, ideas, and tips for solving real-world fabrication problems. By presenting a broad range of methods from different welding specialties and a brief, clear understanding of the non-welding knowledge nearly all weldors must have to advance in their trade,… See more details below
Written by the coauthor of the best-selling book Welding Essentials, this practical guide provides insights, ideas, and tips for solving real-world fabrication problems. By presenting a broad range of methods from different welding specialties and a brief, clear understanding of the non-welding knowledge nearly all weldors must have to advance in their trade, Welding Fabrication and Repair can shorten the time needed to develop effective problem-solving skills. Created for weldors who know the basics and now want to put their skills to better use, this book is one of only a handful of truly “must have” welding references.
- A question-and-answer format, providing concise answers to each question.
- The capabilities of oxygen and exothermic lances; flame bending, flame straightening, line heating and panel shrinking; industrial threaded fasteners; specialized welding clamps, fixtures, welding platens, and cutting pyramids.
- Common welding tools, equipment and accessories, along with a listing of the leading suppliers and their web sites in a separate chapter.
- Welding and cutting tables including designs and advantages.
- Solutions to common welding problems.
- Detailed checklist of considerations in designing products with welds.
- 300 original illustrations fully explain concepts, ideas and insights.
- The ways weldors solve problems from building up a worn shaft with weld metal, to welding perforated steel screening onto frames, to extending the capacity of a welding machine.
- The most common pipe and vehicle welding methods, how weldments can replace castings, and the basics of the science of strength of materials.
- Structural steel practices for joints, column splices, bolting and guidelines for sizing welds.
- Industrial Press, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.06(w) x 9.96(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
|Basic Building Basics|
|Pipe and Tubing|
|Bending and Straightening|
|Welding Problems, Solutions and Practices|
|Strength of Materials|
|Tools, Materials, Supplies and Information|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This book covers a wide range of welding-related subjects: tools, sheet metal, steel plate, rolled structural shapes, steel and copper pipe, jigs and fixtures, even high-performance nuts and bolts. There are techniques borrowed from pipe fitting, plumbing, auto body repair, structural steel, reinforced concrete, machine building, and ship building. There¿s even material on metal bending with rolls, brakes, wrinkles, mandrels, and heat. Few other sources offer such a diverse collection of welding design, fabrication and repair methods. With its clear explanations and hundreds of drawings, you can learn as much in a few hours of reading as many weldors learn in a decade.