What a World Reading 1: Amazing Stories from Around the Globe / Edition 2by Milada Broukal
Pub. Date: 01/26/2011
Publisher: Pearson Education ESL
What a World: Amazing Stories from Around the Globe, is a six-book series that explores many fascinating topics from around the world and across history. The stories in What a World cover a diverse range of high-interest topics, from biographical pieces to exploration of cultures in various historical and/i>/b>/i>/i>/b>/i>
What a World: Amazing Stories from Around the Globe, is a six-book series that explores many fascinating topics from around the world and across history. The stories in What a World cover a diverse range of high-interest topics, from biographical pieces to exploration of cultures in various historical and contemporary periods.
- Words that Go Together activities highlight collocations -- words that are easier to learn together.
- Critical Thinking questions develop students' thiniking skills.
- Spelling and Punctuation activities provide basic rules and practice for essential skills.
- Internet activities build students' Internet research skills.
- Self-Tests help students and teachers assess progress.
- What a World Listening -- a 3-level complementary series -- explores parallel themes to What a World Reading as it develops students' communication skills.
- Pearson Education ESL
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.80(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.40(d)
Table of Contents
Unit 1 Who Is J.K. Rowling?
Unit 2 What Are Some New Year’s Customs?
Unit 3 Where Is Buckingham Palace?
Unit 4 Why Are Cows Special in India?
Unit 5 Why Do Some People Give Gifts for Weddings?
Unit 6 What’s Special About the Blowfish?
Unit 7 Who Are the Sami?
Unit 8 Why Are Rain Forests So Important?
Unit 9 Where Is The Great Wall?
Unit 10 What Is Tornado Alley?
Self-Test 1: Units 1—10
Unit 11 Who Was Andrew Carnegie?
Unit 12 What Is Life Like In Antarctica?
Unit 13 Where Do People Live Under the Ground?
Unit 14 Why Do People Decorate Their Bodies?
Unit 15 Who Are the Uros?
Unit 16 What Is Canada’s Favorite Sport?
Unit 17 What’s Special About New Zealand?
Unit 18 Why Is the Elephant Important In Thailand?
Unit 19 Who Were the Men Sailing Dragon Ships?
Unit 20 How Did the Red Cross Start?
Self-Test 2: Units 11—20
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >