This Book Offers a Comprehensive Analysis of Catholic teachings on environmental themes by exploring official statements from Rome and the bishops of the Americas, as well as from contemporary visionary theologians.
Introduction: Crisis and Concern
1. Creation, Creatures and Community Consideration: Rome Speaks on Theology and Ecology: Vatican II through Pope John Paul II
2. Common Ground and Common Good: Concern for Earth and Earth's Peoples: National Bishops' Statements from the Americas
3. Sacramental and Communal Creation: Regional Bishops' Statements from Canada and the U.S.
4. Transforming Tradition and Conserving Creation: Northern Visions: Perspectives: Black Elk, Fools Crow, Ruether, Fox, Maguire, Berry, Haught
5. Transforming Tradition and Conserving Creation: Southern Visions: Perspectives: De Barros and Caravias, Boff, Gebara
6. Creation Consciousness and Conserving Creation: Engagement with the Spirit in Creation--Christian Thought and the Earth Charter
7. Care for Creation and Community: Projects for Responsible Commitment to Creation and Creatures