1. Communicating with Children: Introduction to the Issues.
Part One: Developmental Factors Affecting Children's Communication.
2. Self-Esteem and Coping.
3. Cognitive Development.
4. Language Development.
Part Two: Eliciting Information from Children.
5. Culturally Sensitive Inquiry.
6. Adult Biases and Expectations About Communications.
7. Observing Children's Behavior.
8. Communicating Through Play and Storytelling.
9. Guidelines for Interviewing Children.
10. Using Tests and Other Instruments.
Part Three: Communication in Special Settings.
11. Children at Home, in School, and in Day Care.
12. Children in Clinical Settings.
13. Children in Medical Settings.
14. Children as Witnesses.