- I Once Met This Beautiful Girl By A Lake/That Was The Last Time We Saw
- Children's Melody/Tunnel Crash/Christy's Death/The Journey ...
- Summerland -- The Painted World/The Painted Bird Flies/Christy Flies
- Marie's World (Leona Is Marie)
- Longing (Lost Children)
- Annie's Suicide/Soul Mates
- In Hell/Stormy Seas/Recognition (Albert Is Ian)
- Sea Of Faces/Falling Through Hell/Annie's Room
- Beside You/Divorce
- Together In Hell/Death And Transfiguration/Together In Heaven
- Reunited/Reincarnation/When I Was Young
- Beside You
What Dreams May Comeby Michael Kamen
For reasons never made entirely clear, Ennio Morricone's completed score for the 1988 afterlife fantasy What Dreams May Come was rejected by producers just weeks prior to the film's arrival in theaters. Composer Michael Kamen was recruited to replace Morricone at the 11th hour, and for a rush job, it's a remarkably accomplished and creative work, beautifully conveying the possibilities of life after death in a manner that's neither heavy-handed nor ponderous. By turns upliftingly radiant and suffocatingly melancholy, What Dreams May Come boasts a dreamlike lyricism that successfully captures the otherness of director Vincent Ward's onscreen milieu. At the same time, however, Kamen communicates the universal emotions at the story's core, evoking love and loss with genuine compassion and sensitivity.
- Release Date:
- Beyond Records
Performance CreditsMichael Kamen Primary Artist,Conductor,Oboe,Performing Ensemble
Mick Hucknall Track Performer
Phil Palmer Guitar
Robert Elhai Performing Ensemble
Charles Thompson Choir Master
Andrew Schulman Cello
London Metropolitan Orchestra Performing Ensemble
Technical CreditsStephen McLaughlin Engineer
Michael Price Producer
James Brett Producer
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This Cd is extraordinary! The wonderful songs featured from the movie ''What Dreams May Come'' will be enjoyed by everyone of all ages.
I loved the movie, it was outstanding. The soundtrack is simply amazing and is one everyone who enjoyed the movie or who enjoys classical music must buy.