What Every Teacher Should Know About: Adaptations and Accommodations for Students with Mild to Moderate Disabilities / Edition 1by Nari J. Carter, Mary Anne T Prater, Tina Taylor Dyches
Pub. Date: 08/01/2008
This book is designed to instruct preservice teachers about challenges students with mild/moderate disabilities face in learning classroom curriculum,/b>
This valuable resource and reference provides brief, hands-on, research-based methods for facilitating access to the general education curriculum for students with special learning and behavioral needs.
This book is designed to instruct preservice teachers about challenges students with mild/moderate disabilities face in learning classroom curriculum, and to help these teachers learn how to provide accommodations and adaptations that address students’ educational needs. The book is divided into four sections: Addressing Learning Problems, Accessing General Education Curriculum, Assessment, and Content Area Accommodations. Each section beings with a discussion of the topic and explains why students with disabilities experience difficulty learning, followed by several suggestions that address students’ specific learning difficulties.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS FIRST EDITION:
- All accommodations and adaptations discussed in this book are research-proven to be effective for students with disabilities.
- Many of the suggestions listed in each section are illustrated with examples of how teachers can implement the suggestions in their teaching.
- Suggestions for c ulturally and/or linguistically diverse students are included throughout the book.
- An Appendix provides lesson plan examples for each section of the book.
- Publication date:
- What Every Teacher Should Know About... (WETSKA Series) Series
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.40(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >