The "What's Happening to My Body?" Book for Girls: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents and Daughtersby Lynda Madaras, Area Madaras
The best book on puberty for 9-15 year old girls completely updated for the first time in 12 years! Selected as a "Best Book for Young Adults" by the American Library AssociationThe classic puberty education book for 9-15 year-old girls (over 500,000 copies sold), now thoroughly updated and freshly redesigned for the first time in 12 years. Now for the first time since the medical journal Pediatrics published its news-making, large-scale study indicating that puberty begins in girls even earlier than previously believed, Lynda Madaras has thoroughly rewritten, updated and expanded her classic book to address the younger girl and her concerns. As before, in age appropriate-language, the book covers the body's changing size and shape, breasts, the reproductive organs, the menstrual cycle, pubic hair, and includes a full chapter on puberty in boys. Reacting to the thousands of letters Madaras receives from kids all over the world, with a multitude of questions, as well as with new research data, she has made changes as follows:
* more discussion on when a girl will begin puberty
* more on the emotional and physical development and how that compares to other girls of the same age. Also what to do with unwanted attention because of early development
* new sections on diet, exercise, and health, with help on avoiding weight problems and eating disorders; avoiding unhealthy uses of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco
* discussion of the " female athletic syndrome"
* more practical advice on products from treating acne to menstruation protection to sports bras
* internet resources that will guide the younger and older girls to more explicit,appropriate-to-their-age information on romance, sex, contraception, STDs, pregnancy, and multiple births.
Over 1,200,000 copies of Lynda Madaras books sold!
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >