What's Happening to My Body?: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents and Sonsby Lynda Madaras, Dane Saavedra, Jackie Aher (Illustrator), Simon Sullivan (Illustrator), Area Madaras
The best book on puberty for 9-15 year old boys completely updated for the first time in 12 years! Selected as a "Best Book for Young Adults" by the American Library AssociationThe classic puberty education book for 9-15 year-old boys (over 500,000 copies sold), now thoroughly updated and freshly redesigned for the first time in 12 years. This classic book covers the body's changing size and shape, hair, voice changes, perspiration, pimples, the reproductive organs, sexuality, puberty in girls and adds new sections on diet, exercise, and health. It also includes vital information on AIDS, STDs, and birth control appropriate for this age group, and an introduction for parents and educators. Responding to letters and new data about teenage concerns, some of the changes in this edition include:
* new, more detailed discussions of penis size ("the subject of most letters I get," says Madaras)
* new, more detailed discussions on eating right and exercise, steroid abuse, and weight training
* more practical advice on hygienic products, shaving products, and treatment of acne
* more reassuring stories from boys and men to help relieve the embarrassment and anxiety over erections, orgasms, masturbation, wet dreams, and health issues including injuries and testicular cancer
* expanded resource section on sexuality, homosexuality, birth control, sexually transmitted diseases.
Over 1,200,000 copies of Lynda Madaras books sold!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews