- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Are you overwhelmed by unruly students, difficult parents, and never-ending classroom distractions? Are you tired of scavenging and pleading for basic school supplies? Do you wonder if anyone notices or cares how much effort you put into teaching every day? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this book is for you.
When Teaching Gets Tough offers practical strategies you can use to make things better right away. Veteran educator Allen Mendler organizes the discussion around four core challenges:
* Managing difficult students
* Working with unappreciative and irritating adults
* Making the best of an imperfect environment
* Finding time to take top-notch care of yourself
When Teaching Gets Tough is there when you need help to reclaim and sustain your energy and enthusiasm for teaching. Written with a deep understanding of the issues that teachers face every day, the book also includes sections for administrators who want to help teachers stay at the top of their game.
Allen Mendler is an educator and school psychologist and the author of Connecting with Students and co-author of Discipline with Dignity, 3rd edition.
1. The Big Picture: Attitudes and Strategies
2. Strategies for Working with Difficult Students
3. Working Successfully with Unappreciative or Irritating Adults
4. Making the Best of an Imperfect Environment
5. Taking Top-Notch Care of Yourself
About the Authors
Posted October 21, 2012
Being a veteran teacher of twenty plus years, I found this book to be a great resource and a reminder of the things that we should be doing. Time management and how to deal with cut backs and larger class size because of those cut backs could be his next book. Something that I know ALL teachers struggle with.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.