Francesca Gould is the author of the New York Times (extended list) bestseller Why You Shouldn’t Eat Your Boogers and Other Useless (or Gross) Information about Your Body and Why Fish Fart and Other Useless or Gross Information about the World. She lives in Bristol, England.
Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Boogers and Other Useless or Gross Information About Your Bodyby Francesca Gould
This collection of little-known facts about the human body/i>
Fascinating…Unbelievable…Gross! These are just a few of the responses readers will hear when they impress their friends with facts from the quirky new book of body trivia, Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Boogers & Other Useless or Gross Information About Your Body, by Francesca Gould.
This collection of little-known facts about the human body answers the questions you have always wanted to ask but never dared to, such as:• Can smoking make your teeth fall out?
• Is it safe to eat moldy food after the mold’s been cut off?
• Do intelligent people have bigger brains?
• How do astronauts poo in space?
The book also offers many unbelievable-but-true historical factoids about the body. For example:
• Have you ever heard of Dr. Strangelove Syndrome? It’s a rare condition caused by damage to certain parts in the brain, which results in a person’s hand acting independently and taking on a life of its own.
• Did you know that there is also a rare condition called Foreign Accent Syndrome, which results in people suddenly developing a foreign accent?
• Have you ever wondered if a heart transplant could change your personality? The short answer is, yes!
• Did you know that men used hair gel 2000 years ago during the Iron Age?
Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Boogers offers of cornucopia of body trivia that will have readers cringing with delight! You can read it on the subway, in the bathroom, or even in a heavy downpour! For contrary to popular belief, according to this book, you cannot catch cold by standing in the rain!
- Penguin Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Penguin Group
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 3 MB
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Good book of humor for that rainy or snowy day. Some information is pretty gross but funny.
Everything you want to know about your body! We read it a work and couldn't stop laughing!
LOL Couldn't stop laughing my friends said I turned purple for a minute! :,-)