The most practical, authoritative guide to Federal Government auditing
Now in its second edition, Wiley Federal Government Auditing is authored by four CPAs who are partners at Kearney&Company, a CPA firm that specializes in providing auditing, accounting, and information technology services to the Federal Government. This single-source reference provides you with up-to-date information on applicable laws, regulations, and audit standards.
Created for both professionals and others performing Federal Government audits, this guide condenses the abundant, complex criteria for Federal Government auditing into concise, accessible topics you'll refer to frequently and presents:
- An easy-to-navigate format that allows you to find needed information quickly
- Detailed guidance on what, why, how, and by whom Federal audits should be made
- Discussion on internal control over Federal financial reporting
- Recent developments in auditing standards
- Federal financial statements, budgeting, accounting, and more
- Coverage of the scope and work required in an audit of Federal departments and agencies
- Examples of Federal audits
- Separate chapters devoted to auditing and evaluating Federal IT systems; performance audits; procurement and contract audits; and grant audits
Written in a non-technical style and complete with helpful exhibits, this guide is a "go-to" reference for government auditors, Inspectors General, public accountants, military comptrollers, legislators, state and local government auditors, budget offices, financial managers, and financial analysts. The content also applies to contractors and grantees, universities, and other nonprofits and organizations that have repeated financial dealings with the Federal Government.