- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
You can get there
Whether you're already working and looking to expand your skills in the computer networking and security field or setting out on a new career path, Network Security Fundamentals will help you get there. Easy-to-read, practical, and up-to-date, this text not only helps you learn network security techniques at your own pace; it helps you master the core competencies and skills you need to succeed.
With this book, you will be able to:
* Understand basic terminology and concepts related to security
* Utilize cryptography, authentication, authorization and access control to increase your Windows, Unix or Linux network's security
* Recognize and protect your network against viruses, worms, spyware, and other types of malware
* Set up recovery and fault tolerance procedures to plan for the worst and to help recover if disaster strikes
* Detect intrusions and use forensic analysis to investigate the nature of the attacks
Network Security Fundamentals is ideal for both traditional and online courses. The accompanying Network Security Fundamentals Project Manual ISBN: 978-0-470-12798-8 is also available to help reinforce your skills.
Wiley Pathways helps you achieve your goals
The texts and project manuals in this series offer a coordinated curriculum for learning information technology. Learn more at www.wiley.com/go/pathways.
2. Network and Server Security.
5. Authorization and Access Control.
6. Securing Network Transmission.
7. Remote Access and Wireless Security.
8. Server Roles and Security.
9. Protecting Against Malware.
10. Ongoing Security Management.
11. Fault Tolerance and Disaster Recovery.
12. Intrusion Detection and Response.
Posted February 22, 2010
meh - my professor hate it. They say it's okay but they really feel it leaves a lot to be desired and is confusing in the areas it needs to be focused on and too much irrelevant stuff.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.