The leading obstetrics reference for more than a century now in full-color and with a greater emphasis on evidence-based practice
A Doody's Core Title ESSENTIAL PURCHASE for 2011!
This is the 23rd edition of an essential textbook for the practice of obstetrics. It covers a wide breadth of topics in exquisite detail, yet remains easily accessible to obstetricians at all levels of training....Williams Obstetrics has always been considered an essential textbook for residents and physicians in obstetrics and gynecology, and the newest edition does nothing to change that....The figures and layout make this edition easier to read and comprehend than previous ones, and the color figures and images are first rate. 3 Stars."Doody's Review Service
Written by a team of expert authors from world-renowned Parkland Hospital, this rigorously referenced, landmark resource tells you everything you need to know about the practice of obstetrics in a unified, consistent tone not found in other texts.
For decades, ob-gyn practitioners and residents have hailed the book for its thoroughness, scientific orientation, and practical applicability at the bedside. Williams Obstetrics is reinforced throughout by a timely emphasis on evidence-based medicine, supported by state-of-the-art ultrasound images and original illustrations. The book's comprehensive coverage begins with an incisive look at maternal anatomy and physiology, and fetal growth and development. The text then progresses to the antepartum period, labor and delivery, the fetus and newborn, the peurperium period, obstetric complications, and medical and surgical complications.
New to this Edition
- 1,100 brand-new, precisely rendered full-color illustrations
- Evidence-based medicine is highlighted in the text through the use of icons, better familiarizing you with the latest clinical guidelines and standards of care
- Greater use of headings and subheadings to quickly lead you to the content you need
- Improved algorithms and tables clearly and concisely present Class I evidence for diagnosis and treatment
- In-depth coverage of abnormal obstetrics from obstetrical hemorrhage and preterm birth, to reproductive tract abnormalities provides the most clinically relevant perspectives in this pivotal area