Williams Textbook of Endocrinology - Text/CD-ROM Package / Edition 10by P. Reed Larsen, Shlomo Melmed, Henry M. Kronenberg, Kenneth S. Polonsky
Pub. Date: 01/07/2003
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This state-of-the-art, tenth edition of endocrinology's classic text bridges the gap between basic science and endocrinology clinical practice. Thoroughly revised and updated, it includes new material on the thyroid and diabetes mellitus to reflect today's explosive increase in knowledge. Written by an outstanding team of authorities, the 10th edition features
This state-of-the-art, tenth edition of endocrinology's classic text bridges the gap between basic science and endocrinology clinical practice. Thoroughly revised and updated, it includes new material on the thyroid and diabetes mellitus to reflect today's explosive increase in knowledge. Written by an outstanding team of authorities, the 10th edition features numerous new authors who provide fresh perspectives.
• Presents a wealth of clinical information in a manageable size and format.
• Contributors are at the forefronts of their disciplines.
• Serves as a bridge between basic science and clinical endocrinology.
• Diabetes mellitus and its complications has been greatly expanded and now includes 3 separate chapters.
• 4 new chapters.
• Two new editors provide a fresh perspective on the material.
• Figures have been added to the Diabetes Mellitus chapters.
• Much of the art has been revised and includes new algorithms in many chapters.
• Access to abstracts is available through Medline.
With over 70 expert contributors
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.10(h) x 3.00(d)
Table of Contents
SECTION I: HORMONES AND HORMONE ACTION
1. Principles of Endocrinology
2. The Endocrine Patient
3. Control of Hormone Synthesis and Secretion
4. Mechanism of Action of Hormones that Act as Nuclear Hormone Receptors
5. Mechanism of Action of Hormones that Act at the Cell Surface
6. Laboratory Techniques for Recognition of Endocrine Disorders
SECTION II: HYPOTHALAMUS AND PITUITARY
8. The Anterior Pituitary
9. The Posterior Pituitary
SECTION III: THYROID
10. Thyroid Physiology and Diagnostic Evaluation of Patients with Thyroid Disorders
11. Graves’ Disease and other Causes of Thyrotoxicosis
12. Hypothyroidism and Thyroiditis
13. Benign and Malignant Nodular Thyroid Disease
SECTION IV: ADRENAL
14. The Adrenal Cortex
15. Endocrine Hypertension
SECTION V: REPRODUCTION
16. Disorders of the Ovaries and Female Reproductive Tract
17. Fertility Control and its Complications
18. Disorders of the Testes and the Male Reproductive Tract
19. Sexual Function and Dysfunction
SECTION VI: ENDOCRINOLOGY AND THE LIFE SPAN
20. Endocrine Changes of Pregnancy
21. Endocrinology of Fetal Development
22. Disorders of Sex Differentiation
23. Normal and Aberrant Growth
24. Endocrine Changes in Puberty
25. Endocrinology of Aging
SECTION VII: MINERAL METABOLISM
26. Hormones and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism
27. Metabolic Bone Disease
28. Kidney Stones
SECTION VIII: DISORDERS OF CARBOHYDRATE AND LIPID METABOLISM
29. Diabetes Mellitus NIDDM
30. Diabetes Mellitus IDDM
31. Complications of Diabetes Mellitus
32. Glucose Homeostasis and Hypoglycemia
34. Disorders of Lipid Metabolism
SECTION IX: POLYENDOCRINE DISORDERS
35. Pathogenesis of Endocrine Tumors
36. Multiple Endocrine Neoplasias
37. Immunoendocrinopathy Syndromes
SECTION X: PARAENDOCRINE AND NEOPLASTIC SYNDROMES
38. Non-Insulin-Secreting Tumors of the Gastroenteropancreatic System
39. Endocrine-Responsive Cancer
40. Humoral Manifestations of Malignancy
41. Carcinoid Syndrome and Related Syndromes
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >