About the Author Sue Plumley owns Humble Opinions, a consulting group that installs, manages, and troubleshoots networks for corporations. Sue is also the author of over 35 computer books, including Publisher 2000 Bible and The Home Networking Bible, both published by IDG Books Worldwide, Inc.
Windows 2000 Server For Dummies Quick Referenceby Sue Plumley
Whether you have to install Windows 2000 Server or administer it, Windows 2000 Server Quick Reference is the ideal companion. Turn to this guide when you need quick advice for performing a new task or a refresher for a procedure you've forgotten. Written in easy-to-understand language and presented in a hassle-free format, this book lets you find the information you need on essential topics...
- Address basic questions of disk partitioning, the computer name, and licensing.
- Consider the file system you use on the server.
- Maneuver the Network and Dial-up Connections window and connect your LAN, dial-up users, and direct connections.
- Explore the Active Directory and see how to create forests and trees, how to replicate, and what to do with organizational units.
- Dive deep into the configuration of replication, routing, schema, and site settings.
- Give users access to the server, assign permissions, and create user profiles as well as groups and group policies.
- Manage and monitor your Window 2000 Server's security.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >