Lee Holmes is a developer on the Microsoft Windows PowerShell team, and has been an authoritative source of information about PowerShell since its earliest betas. His vast experience with Windows PowerShell enables him to integrate both the 'how' and the 'why' into discussions. Lee's involvement with the PowerShell and administration community (via newsgroups, mailing lists, and blogs) gives him a great deal of insight into the problems faced by all levels of administrators and PowerShell users alike.
Windows PowerShell Cookbook: The Complete Guide to Scripting Microsoft's New Command Shellby Lee Holmes
Do you know how to use Windows PowerShell to navigate the filesystem and manage files and folders? Or how to retrieve a web page? This introduction to the PowerShell language and scripting environment provides more than 430 task-oriented recipes to help you solve the most complex and pressing problems, and includes more than 100 tried-and-tested scripts that… See more details below
Do you know how to use Windows PowerShell to navigate the filesystem and manage files and folders? Or how to retrieve a web page? This introduction to the PowerShell language and scripting environment provides more than 430 task-oriented recipes to help you solve the most complex and pressing problems, and includes more than 100 tried-and-tested scripts that intermediate to advanced system administrators can copy and use immediately.
You'll find hands-on tutorials on fundamentals, common tasks, and administrative jobs that you can apply whether you're on a client or server version of Windows. You also get quick references to technologies used in conjunction with PowerShell, including format specifiers and frequently referenced registry keys to selected .NET, COM, and WMI classes. With Windows PowerShell Cookbook, you’ll get more done in less time.
- Take a tour of PowerShell’s core features, including the command model, object-based pipeline, and ubiquitous scripting
- Learn PowerShell fundamentals such as the interactive shell and fundamental pipeline and object concepts
- Perform common tasks that involve working with files, Internet-connected scripts, user interaction, and more
- Solve tasks in systems and enterprise management, such as working with Active Directory, the filesystem, registry, event logs, processes, and services
- O'Reilly Media, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.70(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >