Lee Holmes is a developer on the Microsoft Windows PowerShell team, and has been an authoritative source of information about PowerShell since its earliest betas. His vast experience with Windows PowerShell enables him to integrate both the 'how' and the 'why' into discussions. Lee's involvement with the PowerShell and administration community (via newsgroups, mailing lists, and blogs) gives him a great deal of insight into the problems faced by all levels of administrators and PowerShell users alike.
Windows PowerShell Cookbook: The Complete Guide to Scripting Microsoft's Command Shellby Lee Holmes
How do you use Windows PowerShell to navigate the filesystem, manage files and folders, or retrieve a web page? This introduction to the PowerShell language and scripting environment provides more than 400 task-oriented recipes to help you solve all kinds of problems. Intermediate to advanced system administrators will find more than 100 tried-and-tested scripts
How do you use Windows PowerShell to navigate the filesystem, manage files and folders, or retrieve a web page? This introduction to the PowerShell language and scripting environment provides more than 400 task-oriented recipes to help you solve all kinds of problems. Intermediate to advanced system administrators will find more than 100 tried-and-tested scripts they can copy and use immediately.
Updated for PowerShell 3.0, this comprehensive cookbook includes hands-on recipes for common tasks and administrative jobs that you can apply whether you’re on the client or server version of Windows. You also get quick references to technologies used in conjunction with PowerShell, including format specifiers and frequently referenced registry keys to selected .NET, COM, and WMI classes.
- Learn how to use PowerShell on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- Tour PowerShell’s core features, including the command model, object-based pipeline, and ubiquitous scripting
- Master fundamentals such as the interactive shell, pipeline, and object concepts
- Perform common tasks that involve working with files, Internet-connected scripts, user interaction, and more
- Solve tasks in systems and enterprise management, such as working with Active Directory and the filesystem
- O'Reilly Media, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Third Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.10(w) x 7.00(h) x 2.30(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >