Windows XP Digital Music For Dummiesby Ryan C. Williams
Now you can give new meaning to the description “High-performance computer!” And you can even choose the performers—Elvis or Elton, the Beatles or Beethoven, Eminem or Englebert, Pfish or Pavarotti. Your Windows XP is like a concert hall, and Windows XP Digital Music For Dummies is just the ticket to get you in and get you enjoying digital/i>
Now you can give new meaning to the description “High-performance computer!” And you can even choose the performers—Elvis or Elton, the Beatles or Beethoven, Eminem or Englebert, Pfish or Pavarotti. Your Windows XP is like a concert hall, and Windows XP Digital Music For Dummies is just the ticket to get you in and get you enjoying digital music. It will help you get in tune with the times with note-by-note information on:
- Setting up your computer to handle music
- Using Windows Media Player that’s part of the XP package
- Making your computer the centerpiece of your music collection
- Shopping for and downloading music from Napster, iTunes, Rhapsody, and more internet sites
- Selecting the hardware, software, and audio tools you need
Written by Ryan Williams, an accomplished musician with an MS in Music Technology who develops digital multimedia tools, this guide helps you explore:
- Transferring your CDs or even vinyl records (if you have them, you know what they are) to the realm of your computer
- Choosing and using portable audio players
- Upgrading your PC and turning it into a jukebox with your all-time favorite hits
- Organizing and burning your music to disc for use in other types of devices, like traditional CD or DVD players
- Souping up your computer and making it a virtual studio
- Laying down basic tracks and mixing them
- Taking the finished product to disk, the Internet, and elsewhere
Hear what you’ve been missing. With Windows XP Digital Music For Dummies, you and your Windows XP can make beautiful (or raucous, harmonious, hip-hop, rousing, jazzy, inspiring—whatever your taste) digital music together!
Meet the Author
Ryan Williams is the Digital Multimedia Development Specialist for the Indiana University School of Dentistry. He graduated from the Indiana University School of Music with a master’s degree in music technology, along with a bachelor’s degree in communications from DePauw University. In addition, he writes for indianapolismusic.net, a Web site focused on the musical happenings in and around the greater Indianapolis metropolitan area.
As a bassist, Ryan has played in most known genres of music and some additional ones that seemed invented on the spot. While he was named “Best Bassist In Indianapolis” by shotgunreviews.com in 2002, he will happily provide you with the names of several local musicians who both inspire and embarrass him on a regular basis. He currently shares stages and studios with the members of Mother Grove, a Celtic rock band featured in shows and festivals from Ohio to Colorado.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >