- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Small Business OpportunitiesUsing simple, clear language, Shaw shows readers how to install, monitor and use the latest wireless systems.
"Last year, some 70 million wirelessly enabled computers, printers, fax machines, PDAs, and related devices were sold in the U.S. Now, with the right guidance, home and office users can configure these diverse devices into efficent information networks. Wireless Networking Made Easy gives readers an overview of personal, local, and wide area networks, helping them determine which one is right for them, and taking them step-by-step on how to set it up themselves, whether for their home or business.
Written in a nontechnical style and featuring several case histories, the book shows how to set up, manage, and administer a wireless network. In addition to giving readers a clear guide to getting started, the book goes on to cover more advanced areas, including performance-monitoring methods, common problems and solutions, and knowing when to upgrade. The book includes an appendix of wireless network online resources, as well as a special section on wireless broadband access. It is the simple key for anyone seeking to understand the wireless world -- and make themselves a part of it."
"1. Understanding The Wireless World
2. How Wireless Personal Area Networks Work
3. How Wireless Local Area Networks Work
4. How Wireless Wide Area Networks Work
5. Getting Your Laptop Ready For Your Wireless Network And The Internet
6. How Your Business Can Use Wireless Networking
7. Buying And Installing Wireless Networking Equipment
8. Build Or Contract?
9. Building A Business Case For A Wireless Area Network
10. The Planning And Construction Phase
11. The Testing Phase
12. Managing Your Wireless Network
13. Upgrading Your Existing Wireless Network
14. Understanding Wireless Broadband Access
15. Putting It All Together"