- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Richmond, VA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
List of Illustrations
Note on Primary Sources
Introduction: 'Strange and Unheard of Revolutions'
Part I. 'To Run One's Self Into Danger': Women and the Politics of Opposition in the London Book Trade
1. Women in the London Book Trade
2. Making, Tracing, and Erasing Seditious Intentions
Part II. 'Telling the King His Faults': Religio-Political Polemicism and Women's Public Expression
3. Oral Religio-Political Activism and Textual Production
4. Metaphors of Being and Modes of Empowerment
Part III. 'I Take Truth with me When I Can Get Her': Delarivier Manley and the Reproduction of Political Intelligence
5. Delarivier Manley's Public Representations
Conclusion: The Antidote to these Women's Poison'?