Women's Health: A Primary Care Clinical Guide / Edition 3by Ellis Quinn Youngkin, Marcia Szmania Davis
Pub. Date: 05/23/2003
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Now in its Third Edition, Women's Health: A Primary Care Clinical Guide continues to provide the comprehensive coverage of women's health information that has made it a best-seller for years! From adolescent health, to issues affecting those over the age of 65 and everything in between, this resource covers the scope of issues affecting women, including/b>… See more details below
Now in its Third Edition, Women's Health: A Primary Care Clinical Guide continues to provide the comprehensive coverage of women's health information that has made it a best-seller for years! From adolescent health, to issues affecting those over the age of 65 and everything in between, this resource covers the scope of issues affecting women, including pregnancy issues, frequently encountered medical problems, societal/economic/political factors, and more.
- Features Include:
- Revised and updated content to reflect the latest research and trends including the latest on hormone replacement therapy.
- New Chapter on complementary therapies in women's health.
- Information on the current Bethesda Guidelines for reporting and managing cervical cytology.
- New information and guidelines on sexually transmitted diseases.
- A unique, easily accessible format.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.17(w) x 9.66(h) x 1.21(d)
Table of Contents
I. WOMEN, HEALTH, AND THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM.
1. Women and the Health Care System.
2. Health and Development Through the Life Cycle.
3. Assessing Adolescent Women's Health.
4. Assessing Women's Health.
5. Integrating Wellness: Complementary Therapies and Women's Health.
6. Women and Sexuality.
7. Health Needs of Lesbians.
II. PROMOTION OF GYNECOLOGIC HEALTH.
8. Menstruation and Related Problems and Concerns.
9. Controlling Fertility.
11. Vaginitis and Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
12. Women and HIV.
13. Common Gynecologic Pelvic Disorders.
14. Breast Health.
15. The Climacteric, Menopause, and the Process of Aging.
III. PROMOTION OF WOMEN'S HEALTH DURING PREGNANCY.
16. Assessing Health During Pregnancy.
17. Promoting a Healthy Pregnancy.
18. Complications of Pregnancy.
19. Assessing Fetal Well-Being.
20. Postpartum and Lactation.
IV. PRIMARY CARE CONDITIONS AFFECTING WOMEN'S HEALTH.
21. Common Medical Problems: Cardiovascular Through Hematological Disorders.
22. Common Medical Problems: Musculoskeletal Injuries Through Urinary Tract Disorders.
23. Psychosocial Health Concerns.
24. Health Care Concerns for Women with Physical Disability and Chronic Illness.
Appendix A: Emergency Childbirth.
Appendix B: Immediate Assessment of the Newborn.
Appendix C: Selected Laboratory Values.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >