Women's Health : A Primary Care Clinical Guide / Edition 2by Ellis Quinn Youngkin
Pub. Date: 12/23/1997
This second edition of this popular resource provides comprehensive information on health maintenance and promotion in the care of women in a primary care setting. Completely revised, this book addresses those issues most important to primary care provider treating women. Topics covered include adolescent women's health, women & sexuality, infertility, breast health, common gynecologic disorders, health during pregnancy and psychosocial health problems. Primary care physicians, family practice physicians, physician assistants, residents, nurse practitioners.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.24(w) x 10.02(h) x 1.47(d)
Table of Contents
I. WOMEN, HEALTH CARE, AND THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM.
2. Legal Issues in the Primary Care of Women.
3. Health and Development Through the Life Cycle.
4. Assessing Adolescent Women's Health.
5. Assessing Women's Health.
6. Women and Sexuality.
7. Health Needs of Lesbian Women.
II. PROMOTION OF GYNECOLOGIC HEALTH CARE.
9. Controlling Fertility.
11. Vaginitis and Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
12. Women and HIV.
13. Common Gynecologic Pelvic Disorders.
14. Breast Health.
15. The Climacteric, Menopause, and the Process of Aging.
III. PROMOTION OF WOMEN'S HEALTH CARE DURING PREGNANCY.
17. Promoting a Healthy Pregnancy.
18. Complications of Pregnancy.
19. Assessing Fetal Well-Being.
20. Postpartum and Lactation.
IV. PRIMARY CARE PROBLEMS AFFECTING WOMEN'S HEALTH.
22. Common Medical Problems.
23. Psychosocial Health Problems.
24. Health Care Concerns for Women with Physical Disability and Chronic Illness.
Appendix A: Emergency Childbirth.
Appendix B: Immediate Assessment of the Newborn.
AppendixC: Selected Laboratory Values.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >