Women's Health in Complementary and Integrative Medicine: A Clinical Guideby Marc S. Micozzi, Tieraona Low Dog
This book covers the most common areas of concern in women's health. It provides a truly integrative approach, showing when, how, and for whom complementary/integrative therapies can benefit women in continuity with their regular medical care. This is an evidence-based, clinically-oriented book that presents the background and range of complementary and alternative therapies related to common medical conditions and functional complaints and disorders. It summarizes and analyzes scientific studies on the safety and efficacy of these therapies for various women's health conditions. Each chapter includes a description of commonly used treatments, discussions of safety issues (including adverse effects and drug interactions), a comprehensive summary and methodological assessment of clinical trials on the subject (with animal and in vitro data included as appropriate), and advice on counseling patients.
- Provides a clear review of the scientific evidence relating complementary and integrative medicine to the care of women.
- Offers a roadmap to the options in the treatment of women with complementary and integrative medicine - expanding the clinician's practice, whatever their specialty, with realistic possibilities.
- Features comprehensive coverage of safety issues.
- Written by leading experts in the field.
- Sidebars within each chapter provide at-a-glance advice for patients and practitioners.
- Includes key coverage of non-gynecologic issues such as nutrition, headache, depression, cancer, and heart disease.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of commonly used treatments and related safety issues, such as possible adverse effects and drug interactions, plus a helpful appendix on Botanical Products.
- A focused table of contents makes it easy to find the right treatment for each patient based on their condition.
- Features advice on talking with patients about self-treatments they may have read about in books or on the Internet.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 4 MB
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >