Wong's Clinical Manual of Pediatric Nursing / Edition 6by Marilyn J. Hockenberry
Wong’s Clinical Manual of Pediatric Nursing is designed to provide the student and practicing nurse with a portable, convenient, and concise guide to the care of children, including assessment, health promotion, and care during illness, hospitalization, and at home. It is the most comprehensive summary of nursing care for pediatric patients available. Its… See more details below
Wong’s Clinical Manual of Pediatric Nursing is designed to provide the student and practicing nurse with a portable, convenient, and concise guide to the care of children, including assessment, health promotion, and care during illness, hospitalization, and at home. It is the most comprehensive summary of nursing care for pediatric patients available. Its logical design, convenient lay-flat spiral binding, and printed tabs make it extremely useful for quick reference in the clinical setting.
• A convenient lay-flat spiral binding and handy printed tabs that make it extremely user-friendly in the clinical setting.
• Complete assessment guidelines for children of all ages — from infancy through adolescence.
• More than 80 Nursing Care Plans for both general and specific health problems that provide a starting point for writing care plans.
• More than 25 Community and Home Care Instructions that can be copied and distributed to patients, families, and other caregivers, describing a variety of procedures and home care instructions.
• Complete, step-by-step guidelines for pediatric procedures, including collecting specimens, administering medications, performing CPR, and caring for venous access devices, tracheostomies, and catheters.
• Atraumatic Care boxes that contain guidelines for calmly and professionally handling difficult procedures, causing the child and family as little discomfort, pain, and stress as possible.
• Practice Alerts that emphasize essential nursing observations and interventions such as key assessment data, risk factors, and danger signs to help students provide safe and efficient care in all clinical situations.
• Immunization schedules that reflect the most current recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Canadian Ministry of Health.
• An extensive abbreviations list that provides a quick reference to less familiar acronyms and abbreviations.
• Pediatric vital signs and conversion tables on the inside covers for quick access in critical situations
• Community Focus boxes that provide helpful tips for counseling children on important issues such as smoking cessation in teens, bicycle safety, and healthy food choices.
• Community and Home Care Instructions are updated to reflect latest advances in technology, such as new methods of measuring temperature, giving inhaled medications, guidelines for oral rehydration, and caring for implanted ports.
• Health promotion information is updated to reflect current trends and concerns (e.g., LATCH car seat safety system, Food Guide Pyramid for Young Children).
• Provides updated pain assessment and management techniques, including the use of new analgesics in children.
• Features a new nursing care plan on Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Unit 4.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sixth Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.94(w) x 10.84(h) x 1.15(d)
Meet the Author
More from this Author
Table of Contents
Unit 1 Assessment
Unit 2 Health Promotion
Unit 3 Pediatric Variations of Nursing Interventions
Unit 4 Nursing Care Plans
Unit 5 Community and Home Care Instructions
Unit 6 Reference Data
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >