WordPress Web Design For Dummies will assume that the reader already has the basic and fundamental knowledge of the WordPress software. It covers how users can use WordPress as a tool to create a customized and individualized design for their web site using complimentary technologies such as CSS, HTML, graphic design, PHP, and MySQL. Readers will see how organizations, individuals and companies are using WordPress to power their very customized Web site through case studies.
This book will help readers:
- Define what technologies they will use to create a custom designed web site, including the difference between WordPress and non-WordPress technologies.
- Identify the tools the reader will use to accomplish a custom designed web site efficiently and competently.
- Build an effective navigation menu systems to provide web site readers with easy and logical navigation.
- Choose the right color palette.
- Select different layouts for the web site design, including a look into 2 and 3 column fixed and fluid web site design.
- Explore the different aspects of web design including CSS, Fonts, Colors and frameworks.
- Tweak existing designs, including the default WordPress theme and other available themes, both free and premium.
- Create a fully featured custom WordPress theme from scratch using WordPress templates, graphic design, HTML, CSS and PHP.
- Translate their design skills into paid work.