Workbook and Laboratory Manual for Radiologic Science for Technologists: Physics, Biology, and Protection / Edition 9by Stewart C. Bushong
Pub. Date: 03/20/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Sharpen your skills and reinforce what you’ve learned with this engaging companion to the latest edition of RADIOLOGIC SCIENCE FOR TECHNOLOGISTS. Whether used for homework or in-class assignments, this valuable resource is your perfect study and practice guide. A variety of unique worksheets, crossword puzzles, lab experiments, and mathematic exercises help… See more details below
Sharpen your skills and reinforce what you’ve learned with this engaging companion to the latest edition of RADIOLOGIC SCIENCE FOR TECHNOLOGISTS. Whether used for homework or in-class assignments, this valuable resource is your perfect study and practice guide. A variety of unique worksheets, crossword puzzles, lab experiments, and mathematic exercises help you learn by doing and provide the scientific understanding and practical experience necessary to become an informed, confident radiographer.
• More than 100 detailed worksheets enhance your understanding of key concepts in radiologic physics, the x-ray beam, the radiograph, advanced x-ray imaging, digital imaging, radiobiology, and radiation protection.
• Concise "Penguin" boxes summarize important textbook information for fast, easy review relevant to worksheet exercises.
• Math Tutor worksheets refresh your calculation skills with decimal and fraction timers, fraction/decimal conversion, solving for desired mAs, and technique adjustments.
• Laboratory Experiments provide a practical framework for applying textbook concepts in the lab setting through hands-on experience.
• Answers to worksheet exercises and laboratory experiments help you assess your strengths and weaknesses.
• New worksheets strengthen your grasp of new textbook content on the digital image and viewing the digital image.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
Part I Radiologic Physics
1. Concepts of Radiologic Science
2. Fundamentals of Radiologic Science
3. The Structure of Matter
4. Electromagnetic Energy
5. Electricity, Magnetism and Electromagnetism
Part II The X-ray Beam
6. The X-ray Imaging System
7. The X-ray Tube
8. X-ray Production
9. X-ray Emission
10. X-ray Interaction with Matter
Part III The Radiograph
11. Radiographic Film
12. Processing the Latent Image
13. Radiographic Intensifying Screens
14. Control of Scatter Radiation
15. Radiographic Technique
16. Image Quality
17. Image Artifacts
18. Quality Control
Part IV Advanced X-ray Imaging
20. Mammography Quality Control
22. Interventional Radiology
23. Multislice Spiral Computed Tomography
Part V Digital Imaging
24. Computer Science
25. Computed Radiography
26. Digital Radiography
27. Digital Fluoroscopy
28. The Digital Image - NEW!
29. Viewing the Digital Image - NEW!
30. Digital Display Quality Control
31. Digital Image Artifacts
Part VI Radiobiology
32. Human Biology
33. Fundamental Principles of Radiobiology
34. Molecular and Cellular Radiobiology
35. Early Effects of Radiation
36. Late Effects of Radiation
Part VII Radiation Protection
37. Health Physics
38. Designing for Radiation Protection
39. Patient Radiation Dose Management
40. Occupational Radiation Dose Management
Laboratory Experiment Section
Math Tutor Answers
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >