Workbook for Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care / Edition 9by Robert M. Kacmarek, Stephen F. Wehrman
Pub. Date: 02/20/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Simplifying complex information, this workbook focuses on the most important concepts in Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 9th Edition. It makes learning easy by using real-life examples, humor, and a wide range of activities. By highlighting key points, it helps you answer three basic questions: What do I need to know? Why do I need to know it? How will… See more details below
Simplifying complex information, this workbook focuses on the most important concepts in Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 9th Edition. It makes learning easy by using real-life examples, humor, and a wide range of activities. By highlighting key points, it helps you answer three basic questions: What do I need to know? Why do I need to know it? How will I use it?
• An understandable and engaging approach breaks down essential information into manageable chunks.
• Chapter overviews introduce topics and explain how and why each applies to the practice of respiratory care.
• A review of chapter objectives ensures that you understand the primary concepts from the text.
• NBRC-style review questions help you prepare for the CRT and the written portion of the RRT exam.
• Vocabulary review exercises include matching, fill-in-the-blank exercises and crossword puzzles to test your mastery of key terms and acronyms.
• Case studies ask you to apply concepts to the real world.
• Critical-thinking questions ask you to analyze potential rewards and pitfalls in applying your knowledge to a clinical environment.
• Web links are suggested for further research and study.
• Answers to all questions/activities, with references to the textbook and rationales, are included on Evolve Student Resources.
Table of Contents
I. Foundations of Respiratory Care 1. History of Respiratory Care NEW! 2. Quality and Evidence-Based Respiratory Care 3. Patient Safety, Communication and Recordkeeping 4. Principles of Infection Control 5. Ethical and Legal Implications of Practice 6. Physical Principles of Respiratory Care 7. Computer Applications in Respiratory Care
II. Applied Anatomy and Physiology 8. The Respiratory System 9. The Cardiovascular System 10. Ventilation 11. Gas Exchange and Transport 12. Solutions, Body Fluids, and Electrolytes 13. Acid-Base Balance 14. Regulation of Breathing
III. Assessment of Respiratory Disorders 15. Bedside Assessment of the Patient 16. Interpretation of Clinical Laboratory Data NEW! 17. Interpreting the Electrocardiogram NEW! 18. Analysis and Monitoring of Gas Exchange 19. Pulmonary Function Testing 20. A Review of Thoracic Imaging 21. Nutrition Assessment
IV. Review of Cardiopulmonary Disease 22. Pulmonary Infections 23. Obstructive Lung Disease: COPD, Asthma, and Related Diseases 24. Interstitial Lung Disease 25. Pleural Diseases 26. Pulmonary Vascular Disease 27. Acute Lung Injury, Pulmonary Edema and Multiple System Organ Failure 28. Lung Cance 29. Neuromuscular and Other Diseases of the Chest Wall 30. Disorders of Sleep 31. Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Disorders
V. Basic Therapeutics 32. Airway Pharmacology 33. Airway Management 34. Emergency Cardiovascular Life Support 35. Humidity and Bland Aerosol Therapy 36. Aerosol Drug Therapy 37. Storage and Delivery of Medical Gases 38. Medical Gas Therapy 39. Lung Expansion Therapy 40. Bronchial Hygiene Therapy
VI. Acute and Critical Care 41. Respiratory Failure and the Need for Ventilatory Support 42. Mechanical Ventilators 43. Physiology of Ventilatory Support 44. Initiating and Adjusting Ventilatory Support 45. Noninvasive Positive Pressure Ventilation 46. Monitoring and Management of the Patient in the Intensive Care Unit 47. Discontinuing Ventilatory Support 48. Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care
VII. Preventative and Long-Term Care 49. Patient Education and Health Promotion 50. Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation 51. Respiratory Care in Alternative Settings
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >