- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Strengthen your understanding of key content in all areas of prehospital care with over 1,900 engaging activities! Now updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines, the exercises help you look beyond and explore the physiology and pathophysiology behind why procedures are performed. Complete coverage of objectives of the U.S. DOT National Standard Curriculum for the EMT-Basic and the National Education Standards give you the knowledge and critical-thinking skills you need for success in exams and in the field.
• A variety of review questions, case studies with critical-thinking activities, crossword puzzles, labeling exercises, and a CPR refresher prepare you for exams and practice in the field.
• Updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines.
• Skill sequencing exercises help you review the order of EMT skills.
• Updated patient assessment exercises include additional critical-thinking questions and help you apply concepts to real life practice.
• Content on abuse and assault prepares you to treat victims of domestic violence with empathy and respect and alerts you to potential dangers.
1. Introduction to Emergency Medical Care 2. Well-Being of the EMT 3. Medicolegal and Ethical Issues 4. The Human Body 5. Lifting and Moving Patients 6. The Airway 7. Patient Assessment 8. Communications 9. Documentation 10. General Pharmacology 11. Respiratory Emergencies 12. Cardiovascular Emergencies 13. Altered Mental Status 14. Allergies 15. Poisoning and Overdoses 16. Environmental Emergencies 17. Behavioral Emergencies 18. Abuse and Assault 19. Obstetrics and Gynecology 20. Bleeding and Shock 21. Soft Tissue Injuries 22. Chest and Abdominal Emergencies 23. Musculoskeletal Care 24. Injuries to the Head and Spine 25. Infants and Children 26. Ambulance Operations 27. Gaining Access 28. Disasters and Hazardous Materials 29. Advanced Airway Management 30. Weapons of Mass Destruction and the EMT 31. Geriatric Emergencies