Workbook for ICD-9-CM Coding, 2012 Edition: Theory and Practiceby Karla R. Lovaasen
Pub. Date: 10/14/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Reinforce your knowledge of ICD-9-CM coding concepts and apply that knowledge to realistic medical records! Corresponding to the chapters in Lovaasen and Schwerdtfeger's ICD-9-CM Coding: Theory and Practice, 2012 Edition, this practical workbook offers engaging, interactive exercises to help you transfer textbook knowledge to successful employment in/i>… See more details below
Reinforce your knowledge of ICD-9-CM coding concepts and apply that knowledge to realistic medical records! Corresponding to the chapters in Lovaasen and Schwerdtfeger's ICD-9-CM Coding: Theory and Practice, 2012 Edition, this practical workbook offers engaging, interactive exercises to help you transfer textbook knowledge to successful employment in medical coding.
• Matching exercises, multiple-choice questions, coding questions, and case scenarios with MS-DRG assignment reinforce key concepts from the textbook.
• Hands-on application activities and case studies help you master textbook concepts by applying them to actual health records and case scenarios.
• Both ICD-9-CM codes and ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS codes are shown in all coding exercises and examples (including answer keys) to prepare you for the 2013 implementation of ICD-10.
• ICD-10 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting are included in each coding chapter, immediately following the ICD-9-CM coding guidelines.
• A companion Evolve website includes textbook updates, links to additional content, and more.
• Greater emphasis on ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding prepares you for the 2013 implementation of ICD-10.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 2012 Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
1. The Rationale for and History of Coding
2. The Health Record as the Foundation for Coding
3. ICD-9-CM Format and Conventions
4. Basic Steps of Coding
5. General Coding Guidelines for Diagnosis
6. General Coding Guidelines for Procedures in ICD-9-CM
7. Introduction to ICD-10-PCS
8. Symptoms, Signs, and Ill-Defined Conditions, and V Codes (V codes and ICD-9-CM Chapter 16, Codes 780-799, and ICD-10-CM Chapters 18 and 21, Codes R00-99, Z00-Z99)
9. Infectious and Parasitic Diseases (ICD-9-CM Chapter 1, Codes 001-039, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 1, Codes A00-B99)
10. Neoplasms (ICD-9-CM Chapter 2, Codes 140-239, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 2, Codes C00-D49)
11. Diseases of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs (ICD-9-CM Chapter 4, Codes 280-289, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 3, Codes D50-D89)
12. Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases, and Immunity Disorders (ICD-9-CM Chapter 3, Codes 240-279, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 4, Codes E00-E89)
13. Mental Disorders (ICD-9-CM Chapter 5, Codes 290-319, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 5, Codes F01-F99)
14. Diseases of the Nervous System and Sense Organs (ICD-9-CM Chapter 6, Codes 320-389, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 6, Codes G00-G99, Chapter 7, Codes H00-H59, and Chapter 8, Codes H60-H95)
15. Diseases of the Circulatory System (ICD-9-CM Chapter 7, Codes 390-459, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 9, Codes I00-I99)
16. Diseases of the Respiratory System (ICD-9-CM Chapter 8, Codes 460-519, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 10, Codes J00-J99)
17. Diseases of the Digestive System (ICD-9-CM Chapter 9, Codes 520-579, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 11, Codes K00-K94)
18. Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (ICD-9-CM Chapter 12, Codes 680-709, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 12, Codes L00-L99)
19. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue (ICD-9-CM Chapter 13, Codes 710-739, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 13, Codes M00-M99)
20. Diseases of the Genitourinary System (ICD-9-CM Chapter 10, Codes 580-629, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 14, Codes N00-N99)
21. Complications of Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium (ICD-9-CM Chapter 11, Codes 630-677, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 15, Codes O00-O9A)
22. Congenital Anomalies and Perinatal Conditions (ICD-9-CM Chapter 14, Codes 740-759, and Chapter 15, Codes 760-779, and ICD-10-CM Chapter 16, Codes P00-P96, and Chapter 17, Codes Q00-Q99)
23. Injuries and E Codes (ICD-9-CM Chapter 17, Codes 800-995, and External Causes, E800-E999, and ICD-10-CM Chapters 19 and 20, Codes S00-Y99)
24. Burns, Adverse Effects, and Poisonings (ICD-9-CM Chapter 17, Codes 800-995, and ICD-10-CM Chapters 19 and 20, Codes S00-Y99)
25. Complications of Surgical and Medical Care
26. Reimbursement Methodologies
27. Outpatient Coding
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >