Workbook for Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy - Revised Reprint / Edition 2by Mary Bath-Balogh, Margaret J. Fehrenbach
Pub. Date: 10/20/2005
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This companion to the new 2nd edition of Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy strengthens students' grasp of must-know information by actively engaging them in the learning process. The perfect resource for laboratory classes, this workbook provides a wide range of exercises to help students prepare for success in the dental health profession. This… See more details below
This companion to the new 2nd edition of Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy strengthens students' grasp of must-know information by actively engaging them in the learning process. The perfect resource for laboratory classes, this workbook provides a wide range of exercises to help students prepare for success in the dental health profession. This edition has been expanded to emphasize problem-based learning, and incorporates the importance placed on case studies by the National Dental Hygiene Board Examination.
• Structure Identification Exercises provide unlabeled figures from the text to allow students to identify the different structures.
• Guidelines for Tooth Drawing let students draw every kind of permanent tooth, from examples shown by 14 shaded drawings of the permanent teeth - with each exercise including a template and graph paper, plus evaluation criteria.
• Infection Control for Extracted Teeth presents guidelines in an easy to follow numbered list, providing the proper procedures for the collection and inspection of extracted teeth.
• Occlusal Evaluation and Initial Occulsal Examination show how to perform an occlusal evaluation using the necessary equipment and steps.
• Glossary Exercises include crossword puzzles and word searches, providing students with a creative way to test their understanding of important terminology.
• 10 case study exercises reflect the emphasis placed on case study by the National Dental Hygiene Board Examination - stressing the need to go beyond the basic facts and rote learning to promote a higher level of concept integration.
• 32 detachable flashcards include clear line drawings of the permanent anterior and posterior teeth, with the five views of the tooth (labial, lingual, mesial, distal, and incisal) on the front and a description on the back.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Revised Reprint Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.60(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
* Structure Identification Exercises
* Glossary Exercises
* Guidelines for Tooth Drawing
* Infection Control for Extracted Teeth: Guidelines and Technique
* Occlusal Evaluation
* Initial Occlusal Examination
* Case Studies
* Flash Cards
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >