- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This companion to the new 2nd edition of Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy strengthens students' grasp of must-know information by actively engaging them in the learning process. The perfect resource for laboratory classes, this workbook provides a wide range of exercises to help students prepare for success in the dental health profession. This edition has been expanded to emphasize problem-based learning, and incorporates the importance placed on case studies by the National Dental Hygiene Board Examination.
• Structure Identification Exercises provide unlabeled figures from the text to allow students to identify the different structures.
• Guidelines for Tooth Drawing let students draw every kind of permanent tooth, from examples shown by 14 shaded drawings of the permanent teeth — with each exercise including a template and graph paper, plus evaluation criteria.
• Infection Control for Extracted Teeth presents guidelines in an easy to follow numbered list, providing the proper procedures for the collection and inspection of extracted teeth.
• Occlusal Evaluation and Initial Occulsal Examination show how to perform an occlusal evaluation using the necessary equipment and steps.
• Glossary Exercises include crossword puzzles and word searches, providing students with a creative way to test their understanding of important terminology.
• 10 case study exercises reflect the emphasis placed on case study by the National Dental Hygiene Board Examination — stressing the need to go beyond the basic facts and rote learning to promote a higher level of concept integration.
• 32 detachable flashcards include clear line drawings of the permanent anterior and posterior teeth, with the five views of the tooth (labial, lingual, mesial, distal, and incisal) on the front and a description on the back.
* Structure Identification Exercises
* Glossary Exercises
* Guidelines for Tooth Drawing
* Infection Control for Extracted Teeth: Guidelines and Technique
* Occlusal Evaluation
* Initial Occlusal Examination
* Case Studies
* Flash Cards