Reinforce your understanding of laboratory concepts, terminology, and procedures! Corresponding to the chapters in Laboratory Testing for Ambulatory Settings, 2nd Edition, by Marti Garrels and Carol S. Oatis, this workbook provides activities and exercises for additional practice with lab testing skills. Skill check-off sheets track your progress as you work through the competency-based procedures, and are designed to help you meet government standards for good laboratory practice.
• Chapter exercises helpyou master the content and the skills covered in the textbook.
• Skills checklists are included for each lab procedure.
• The appendix includes quality control log sheets, lab maintenance log sheets, report forms, and a sample health screening assessment form.
• Quality control Levy-Jennings charts have been added.
• Skill check-off sheets are included for five new procedures:
• Clinitek Analyzer
• Standard Hematocrit
• New A1c+ Ki+
• iFOB method for fecal occult blood
Product dimensions: 8.40 (w) x 10.80 (h) x 0.40 (d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Laboratory and Safety Training 2. Regulations, Microscope Set-up, and Quality Control 3. Urinalysis 4. Blood Collection 5. Hematology 6. Chemistry 7. Immunology 8. Microbiology 9. Toxicology NEW! Appendices A. Forms for Documenting Safety, Quality Assurance, and CLIA Compliance B. Levy-Jennings Chart NEW!