- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Pueblo West, CO
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Designed to accompany Volume 1 of Paramedic Practice Today: Above and Beyond, this 2,219-item workbook provides practice and reinforcement of the key material covered in the textbook. Volume 1 of the workbook corresponds to the first volume of the textbook, matching the text chapter for chapter. And, it now reflects the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines!
• Updated to reflect the 2010 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines.
• Chapter Objectives serve as a checklist for learning.
• Multiple question formats include matching, short answer, multiple choice, true/false, labeling, drug dosage calculations, and case studies, testing your knowledge in a number of different ways.
• Short-answer questions often show your strengths and weaknesses most accurately, because you must think of the answer entirely on your own.
• Multiple-choice questions prepare you for this popular testing format.
• Labeling questions help visual learners.
• Case studies help you integrate your knowledge with real-life situations.
• Chapter Summaries provide bulleted lists of the main points in the book and serve as a reminder of the material that was covered in Volume 1 of the text.
• An answer key with rationales is included for all of the items in the workbook.
• A glossary includes key terms from both volumes of the textbook, providing you with a comprehensive quick reference for unfamiliar words.
Volume 1 Division 1: Preparatory 1. EMS Safety and Well-Being of the Paramedic 2. Roles and Responsibilities 3. Illness/Injury Prevention 4. Legal and Regulatory Issues 5. Ethics 6. Medical Terminology Review 7. Body Systems 8. Pathophysiology 9. Life Span Development 10. Public Health Principles Division 2: Pharmacology 11. Basic Principles of Pharmacology 12. Drug and Chemical Classes 13. Medication Administration Division 3: Airway Management and Ventilation 14. Airway and Ventilation Division 4: Patient Assessment 15. Therapeutic Communications 16. History Taking 17. Patient Assessment 18. Communications 19. Documentation Division 5: Medical 20. Head, Ear, Eye, Nose, and Throat Disorders 21. Pulmonary Disorders 22. Cardiovascular Disorders 23. Nervous System Disorders 24. Endocrine, Metabolic, and Nutritional Disorders 25. Immune System Disorders 26. Abdominal and Gastrointestinal Disorders 27. Renal and Urogenital Disorders 28. Musculoskeletal Disorders 29. Cutaneous Disorders 30. Toxicology 31. Infectious and Communicable Diseases 32. Behavioral/Psychiatric Disorders 33. Hematologic Disorders Division 6: Shock 34. Shock and Resuscitation Appendices A. Answer Key B. NREMT Skills Sheets Glossary