Workbook for Pharmacology: Principles and Applications: A Worktext for Allied Health Professionals / Edition 3by Eugenia M. Fulcher
Pub. Date: 11/09/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Corresponding to the chapters in Pharmacology: Principles and Applications, 3rd Edition, this workbook provides practice exercises that will build your skills with basic terminology, math, dosage calculation, medication administration and more. Developed by Pharmacology authors Eugenia M. Fulcher, Robert M. Fulcher, and Cathy Dubeansky Soto, this/i>/i>
- Elsevier Textbook Sale
Corresponding to the chapters in Pharmacology: Principles and Applications, 3rd Edition, this workbook provides practice exercises that will build your skills with basic terminology, math, dosage calculation, medication administration and more. Developed by Pharmacology authors Eugenia M. Fulcher, Robert M. Fulcher, and Cathy Dubeansky Soto, this workbook makes it easier than ever to learn and apply pharmacology principles.
• Math exercises provide additional practice and review of calculations and concepts.
• Drug calculation exercises offer additional practice with measurement systems and dosage calculations.
• Critical Thinking exercises challenge you to apply what you've learned to a variety of realistic situations.
• Expanded exercises throughout the book include several new math exercises.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
Section 1: General Aspects of Pharmacology
1. Legal and Ethical Aspects of Pharmacology 2. Basics of Pharmacology 3. Drug Information and Drug Forms 4. Understanding Drug Dosages for Special Populations 5. Reading and Interpreting Medication Labels and Orders and Documenting Appropriately
Section 2: Mathematics for Pharmacology and Dosage Calculations 6. Math Review 7. Measurement Systems and Their Equivalents 8. Converting Between Measurement Systems 9. Calculating Doses of Nonparenteral Medications 10. Calculating Doses ofParenteral Medications Section 3: Medication Administration 11. Safety and Quality Assurance 12. Enteral Routes 13. Percutaneous Routes 14. Parenteral Routes Section 4: Pharmacology for Multisystem Application 15. Analgesics and Antipyretics 16. Immunizations and the Immune System 17. Anitmicrobials, Antifungals, and Antivirals 18. Antineoplastic Agents 19. Nutritional Supplements and Alternative Medicines Section 5: Medication Related to Body Systems 20. Endocrine System Disorders 21. Eye and Ear Disorders 22. Drugs for Skin Conditions 23. Musculoskeletal System Disorders 24. Gastrointestinal System Disorders 25. Respiratory System Disorders 26. Circulatory System and Blood Disorders 27. Urinary System Disorders 28. Reproductive System Disorders 29. Neurological System Disorders 30. Drugs for Mental Health and Behavioral Disorders 31. Drugs of Abuse and Misuse
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >